mai. 23(a), ar.|
East Kilbride Old Parish Church
Gathering Of The Goddess | Awakening The Dragoness
A sacred gathering where we come together to work with the old Goddesses and Gods, a dedicated oracle, our spirit guides and the phases of Grandmother Moon for personal empowerment and insight.
Time & Location
mai. 23(a), 19:00 – 20:30 GMT+1
East Kilbride Old Parish Church, Montgomery St, East Kilbride, Glasgow G74 4JS, UK
About the Event
The Gathering Of The Goddess is held monthly on a Tuesday evening. Please check the events page for upcoming dates. Dates for special ceremonies are listed separately.
In these gatherings we come together to reconnect with the Goddess energy within ourselves for personal empowerment, confidence, understanding awareness and healing. Each month we'll be exploring the different energetic and spiritual realms, lovingly requesting guidance and insight from a dedicated oracle deck and journeying* to ask for guidance and wisdom from the old Goddesses, Gods and our spirit teachers. Depending on the Moon phase on the day of the event, we'll also be working with the energy of this wonderful guide.
*Journeying is a form of deep meditation and visualisation to connect with the loving energies of the unseen realms. You do not need experience of shamanic journeying as you will be guided throughout.
Please note: All are welcome to the gathering however drop-in is not available, attendance is by ticket only - please secure your place at each circle by booking your tickets online.
THINGS TO BRING
- Your email ticket to the event
- Yoga mats, blankets and cushions to support your head. Some of the circle will be lying on the floor - shamanic journeying is often done lying on the floor - however journeying can also be done seated, whichever is most comfortable for you, and a mat, cushion and blanket are useful.
- The venue is heated but it is a 200 year old church and on cold evenings warm clothing and a blanket are useful to have to hand.
- With some circle gatherings we may be working outdoors but this is weather dependent. If planned, the individual event will state this and suitable clothing is recommended.
- A bottle of water
Sometimes there may be specific ceremonial work planned and if there is a special item to bring for this, it will be outlined in the event details.
- Eye mask or scarf
- Notebook and pen
- Sacred item to place on the altar - small crystal, jewellery item, momento or similar
- An offering for the altar to share with the Earth (seeds are often suitable)
- A small snack to have on hand for yourself can be helpful afterwards (apple/handful of nuts/similar)
We will be drumming and rattling - if you have a ceremonial drum or rattle, please feel free to bring it. This is not a requirement - it is not essential as rattles and small drums will be provided for you to use at the circle.
HOW TO BOOK
Booking online: Tickets can be purchased online by visiting the Event page and your registration details added for your ticket.
Booking via the app: Booking is quick and easy using the Flourish app. It's free and available for Android and iPhone. It gives you quick and easy access to all of Flourish's services - booking your appointments and workshop places, blog updates, purchasing from the online shop, free downloads and more.
If you regularly attend Flourish gatherings and workshops, it can be useful to become a Site Member, where you can create an account and your details are automatically stored for the next time you book an event, workshop, course or appointment. You can create an account by clicking the Log In at the top right corner of any webpage or by downloading the app.
You will be directed to secure online payment to purchase your event ticket - credit/debit card or PayPal.
Tickets are non refundable and non transferable. If you cancel your place, are unable to attend, miss the event or arrive too late for entry, the ticket is non refundable and non transferable to another circle or event.
LOCATION AND PARKING
The venue is in the centre of The Village, right next door to The Montgomery Arms (should you fancy a cuppa before or afterwards, they offer open fires and teas and coffees for £1.50).
Entry to grounds of the church is through the black iron gates next to The Montgomery Arms. Straight in front of you, youll see and access ramp to the main door - walk up the ramp and turn left directly as you enter the building. This is the Lower Hall.
Free parking is available at Glebe Street car park less than 2 minutes from the church and there are often free spaces within The Village. Please note that there is no parking in front of The Montgomery Arms.
The venue is close to the route of the numbers 6, 18 and 201 bus - alight at St Bride's School and the church is around a 5 minute walk along the mains street from the bus stop.
The closest train station is East Kilbride, around 5 minutes walk away.
GUIDELINES & GROUND RULES - Important
- It is advisable to have something to eat before you arrive - the work can sometimes be intensive!
- Please arrive promptly for 7pm. If you are early, there is no available waiting area - please wait in your car or enjoy a tea or coffee in The Montgomery Arms until the Lower Hall door is opened. Quiet preparations for the space are conducted before each gathering and attendees will not be able to enter the hall until these are complete.
- Late arrival: please note that you will be unable to enter the hall and join the circle after 7.15pm. This is when we begin our sacred work. If you have arrived late, please wait quietly in the foyer until there is a suitable break in ceremony where I indicate that it is suitable for you to enter the studio.
- Please do not take notes during the introduction, sharing of stories or the ceremonial work. Notes are only to be taken of your personal experiences and journeys - there is time provided for these after your personal journeys.
- Everything that is discussed and shared in the circle is confidential. Attendance is only on this understanding.
- Photographs and any form of recording - including audio, video and written notes - are prohibited. This also includes any circles via/accessible via Zoom.
- Do not consume alcohol or recreational substances on the day of the circle - this is a very important rule for spiritual work. If inebriated, entry is denied.
- All content of the circle is for personal use only. It is not for professional use, reproduction, copy or sharing. All content is IP (intellectual property) and copyright of myself, Flourish and contributors.
- All healing modalities and services provided by Flourish are not diagnostic therapy, they cannot claim to treat any condition and are no replacement for medical care. If you are ill or in pain, please consult your GP or medical professional in the first instance. Please do not disregard any medical advice.
- Attendance at these gatherings is on the proviso of these terms and ticket purchase is taken as agreement of the terms.
DURING AND AFTER THE CIRCLE
Be sure to drink plenty of water. If you feel a little light headed, eating a light snack is useful for grounding.
After our gathering, it is important to exit the hall directly after the space is closed. We exit the space in the same ceremonial manner as we enter it, with reverence, respect and the intention that it is for the purpose of our circle work only. Try to get as much rest as you can afterwards and avoid alcohol or recreational substances.
I politely request that any questions relating to your own individual and personal healing be directed via a telephone consultation or a one to one appointment as I am unable to answer these at events.
Requesting a Private One To One Shamanic Healing Ceremony
Private Shamanic Ceremonies can be requested online here https://www.flourish.scot/book-now
Gathering Of The Goddess
In-person circle gathering in circle