aza. 25(a), or.|
The Moon Rooms, Newton Mearns
Shamanic Circle | Beltane
In these gatherings we come together to explore different holistic healing and shamanic approaches, taking deep meditative journeys to connect with ourselves and our spiritual guides and teachers for empowerment, self awareness, personal development, healing and spiritual insight.
Time & Location
2022 aza. 25(a), 19:00 – 20:30 GMT
The Moon Rooms, Newton Mearns, 3A Kirkhill House, Kirkhill Office Park, 81 Broom Rd E, Newton Mearns, Glasgow G77 5LL, UK
About the Event
The Flourish Shamanic Circle at The Moon Rooms is held bi-monthly, every second Friday. Please check the events page for upcoming dates. Dates for special ceremonies are listed separately.
In these circles we work together in ceremony to connect with our guides and teachers of the light, the spirits of the four kingdoms and the four elements. We shamanic journey together to connect with our guides for healing for ourselves, the Earth and the ancestors. You do not need experience of shamanic journeying as you will be guided throughout.
Please note: All are welcome to the circle however drop-in is not available - please secure your place at each circle by booking your tickets online. Block booking in advance is also available to secure your place at upcoming circles.
- Yoga mats, blankets and cushions to support your head are available at the venue but you are free to bring your own. Some of the circle will be lying on the floor - shamanic journeying is often done lying on the floor - however journeying can also be done seated, whichever is most comfortable for you, and a mat, cushion and blanket are useful.
THINGS TO BRING
- Your email/paper ticket to the event
- The venue is well heated but on cold evenings warm clothing and a blanket are useful to have to hand.
- With some circle gatherings we may be working outdoors but this is weather dependent. If planned, the individual event will state this and suitable clothing is recommended.
- A bottle of water
Sometimes there may be specific ceremonial work planned and if there is a special item to bring for this, it will be outlined in the event details.
- Eye mask or scarf
- Notebook and pen
- Sacred item to place on the altar - small crystal, jewellery item, momento or similar
- Your own mat, cushion and blanket
- A small snack (apple/handful of nuts/similar)
We will be drumming and rattling - if you have a ceremonial drum or rattle, please feel free to bring it. This is not a requirement - it is not essential as rattles and small drums will be provided for you to use at the circle.
HOW TO BOOK
Booking online: Tickets can be purchased online by visiting the Event page below and your registration details added for your ticket.
Booking via the app: Booking is quick and easy using the Flourish app. It's free and available for Android and iPhone. It gives you quick and easy access to all of Flourish's services - booking your appointments and workshop places, blog updates, purchasing from the online shop, free downloads and more.
If you regularly attend Flourish gatherings and workshops, it can be useful to become a Site Member, where you can create an account and your details are automatically stored for the next time you book an event, workshop, course or appointment. You can create an account by clicking the Log In at the top right corner of any webpage or by downloading the app.
You will be directed to secure online payment to purchase your event ticket - credit/debit card or PayPal.
Tickets are non refundable and non transferable. If you cancel your place, are unable to attend, miss the event or arrive too late for entry, the ticket is non refundable and non transferable to another circle or event.
LOCATION AND PARKING
The venue is on the top floor - room no. 3A - of Kirkhill House, a beautiful large sandstone building in woodland grounds. The entrance to Kirkhill Park is across from the Co-op on Broom Road - go straight ahead, over the small speed bump, and this will take you to the car park at Kirkhill House. Entry is by buzzer.
The venue is close to the route of the number 4 bus, around 8 mins walk away, on Mearns Road.
The closest train station is Whitecraigs, around 30 minutes walk away.
GUIDELINES & GROUND RULES
- It is advisable to have something to eat before you arrive - the work can sometimes be intensive!
- There are herbal teas available on arrival if you wish. Please ensure both the tea station and studio area are tidy before you leave. There is a kitchen close by on the same floor - cups and cutlery can be washed and dried here after the circle. Please return borrowed mats, blankets, cushions, drums and rattles to their place in the studio.
- Please arrive promptly for 7pm. If you are early, please wait quietly in the communal area outside the studio until the studio door is opened. Quiet preparations for the space are conducted before each gathering and attendees will not be able to enter the studio until these are complete.
- Late arrival: please note that you will be unable to enter the circle after 7.15pm - this is when we begin our sacred work. If you have arrived late, please wait quietly in the communal area until there is a suitable break in ceremony for you to enter the studio.
- Please do not take notes during the introduction, sharing of stories, the ceremonial work and between these times. Notes are only to be taken of your personal experiences and journeys - there is time provided for these after your personal journeys.
- Everything that is discussed and shared in the circle is confidential.
- Photographs and any form of recording - including audio, video and written notes - are prohibited. This also includes any circles via/accessible via Zoom.
- Do not consume alcohol or recreational substances on the day of the circle - this is an important rule for spiritual work. If inebriated, entry is denied.
- All content of the circle is for personal use only. It is not for professional use, reproduction, copy or sharing. All content is IP (intellectual property) and copyright of Flourish and contributors.
- All healing modalities and service provided by Flourish are not diagnostic therapy, they cannot claim to treat any condition and are no replacement for medical care. If you are ill or in pain, please consult your GP or medical professional in the first instance. Please do not disregard any medical advice.
- Attendance at these gatherings is on the proviso of these terms and ticket purchase is taken as agreement of the terms.
DURING AND AFTER THE CIRCLE
Sometimes during these events, there are personal spiritual messages intended for one or more of the participants - sometimes it is a message for all, sometimes it is for one particular participant and sometimes they don't come at all. If a message is intended, I have no control over what this may be or what this may mean*. Please indicate at ticket checkout whether you would like or not to receive these should they happen and be guided for you.
*Please note that I cannot expand on the these messages. I politely request that you refrain from enquiring for further information or explanation - the best interpretation is your own.
Be sure to drink plenty of water. If you feel a little light headed, eating a light snack is useful for grounding.
After our gathering, it is important to exit the studio directly after the space is closed. We exit the space in the same ceremonial manner as we enter it, with reverence, respect and the intention that it is for the purpose of our circle work only. Please move to the communal area for hugs (optional!), gathering your things and cheery cheerios. Try to get as much rest as you can afterwards and avoid alcohol or recreational substances.
I politely request that any questions relating to your own individual and personal healing be directed via a telephone consultation or a one to one appointment as I am unable to answer these at events.
Requesting a Private One To One Shamanic Healing Ceremony
Private Shamanic Ceremonies can be requested online here https://www.flourish.scot/book-now
Flourish Circle @ Moon Rooms
In-person circle gathering.